Guidelines for Patients and Visitors
We understand that going to a hospital can be an overwhelming experience. We hope the following information will help prepare you for your stay or visit:
- For emergency walk-ins, wait on the triage chairs until you are called by the triage nurse. Click here to learn more about our Emergency Department.
- If you are coming for an appointment, please bring your Ontario health card, a list of medications (including herbal) and proof of health insurance.
- We are a scent-free facility. Please refrain from wearing scented products.
- Bring toiletries if you are staying at the hospital. Refrain from bringing jewelry, credit cards or large amounts of money and electrical appliances (with exception of electric razors).
- For your convenience, we have free Public Wi-Fi, a cafeteria which includes a Tim Hortons, Food Services, Pharmasave, telephone and television services, Spiritual Services and the newspaper/mail.
- We have designated areas for patient drop-off or pick-up, 30-minute parking, $4 visitor/overflow parking, along with parking pass options. Click here to learn more about parking at Woodstock Hospital.
- If you need information about the location of a patient or their room/telephone number, please call 519-421-4211 or visit our Information Desk in the main lobby.
- Please do not visit a patient if you are unwell.
- Wash your hands before entering the hospital and when you are leaving the hospital.
- Please refrain from bringing latex balloons, wearing perfume and smoking on the property.
- To protect the privacy of patients, visitors and staff, photos and videos are not permitted. There are some exceptions in our Maternal Child Unit.
- For your convenience we have a Gift Shop, free Public Wi-Fi, a cafeteria with a Tim Hortons and Pharmasave.
- You can send a greeting to a patient by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, include the patient's name and room number in your email.