Guidelines for Patients and Visitors
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we currently have enforced a "No Visitor Policy" for the safety and well-being of patients, staff and the broader community. Please click here to learn more.
As of May 27, 2020, Woodstock Hospital is safely and gradually reintroducing surgeries, procedures and other priority services that were paused due to COVID-19. Please click here to learn more.
Coming to the hospital can be an overwhelming experience. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the following patient and visitor information.
- Click here to learn more about Woodstock Hospital's Emergency Department.
- If you are coming to the hospital for an appointment, please bring your Ontario health card, a list of medications (including herbal), and proof of health insurance.
- We are a scent-free facility. Please refrain from wearing scented products.
- Bring toiletries if you are staying at the hospital. Do not bring jewelry, credit cards, large amounts of money, or electrical appliances (with exemption of electric razors).
- For your convenience we have free public Wi-Fi, a cafeteria that includes Tim Hortons, Food Services, Pharmasave, telephone and television services, Spiritual Services, and the newspaper/mail.
- We have designated areas for patient drop-off and pick-up, 30 minute parking, visitor parking ($4), along with parking pass options. Click here to learn more about parking at Woodstock Hospital.
- If you need information about the location of a patient or their room or telephone number, please call 519-421-4211 or visit our information desk in the main lobby.
- Please do not visit a patient if you are feeling unwell.
- Wash your hands before entering the hospital, and when you are leaving the hospital. There is alcohol-based hand sanitizer placed throughout the hospital.
- Please refrain from bringing latex balloons, wearing perfume, and smoking on hospital property.
- To protect the privacy of patients, visitors and staff, photos and videos are not permitted. There are some exemptions in our Maternal Child Unit.
- For your convenience, we have a Gift Shop, free public Wi-Fi, a cafeteria with a Tim Hortons, and Pharmasave on site.
- You can send a greeting to a patient by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and including the patient's name and room number in your email.